A new strain of the novel coronavirus was first identified in the city of Wuhan, China in late December 2019. In March 2020, the World Health Organisation declared the Covid-19 outbreak as a global pandemic.
To help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, Shire Sounds Radio have taken the decision to suspend visitors arriving at the studio. This includes for both meetings and on air interviews. Presenters may choose to conduct an interview via Microsoft Teams or the telephone.
When all our team members and any essential people arrive to carry out essential maintenance work, they will be required to scan the official NHS Track & Trace QR code at the door as-well-as sanitising there hands & wearing a face covering. Presenters are given there own microphone muff/pop shield to use on any microphone they wish to speak into. Sharing of microphone muffs is currently prohibited. Presenters are also expected to sanitise there hands before and after there show, and clean down all contact points in the station during a changeover. The team are asked only to visit the premises of the station when it is essential, and if there are more than 1 person in the studio or workroom then they are expected to wear a face covering.
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, including;
- A new, continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Loss of taste or smell
Then you MUST self isolate for 7 days. Those in the same household as you MUST self isolate for 10 days.
Please DO NOT attend your doctors, A&E or an Urgent Care Center. if you have any concerns, contact 111
NHS Covid-19 Track & Trace App;
Please find below a short video on how the NHS COVID-19 Track & Trace app works;
Protect your loved ones with the official NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app for England and Wales.
It’s the fastest way of knowing when you’re at risk from coronavirus (COVID-19). The quicker you know, the quicker you can alert your loved ones, and your community.
The more of us that use it, the better we can control coronavirus. Protect your loved ones. Please download the app using your device app store.
The Latest Guidance & Restrictions from Public Health Northamptonshire;
As of 00:01 Thursday 31st December, Northamptonshire is in tier 4 – YOU MUST STAY AT HOME;
- All pubs & restaurants are closed for dine in. Takeaway is still permitted
- Work from home if you can
- You must not meet anyone from outside of your household or support bubble indoors.
- You may only meet 1 person from another household outside.
- You must not travel in or out of your local area unless essential.
- Gyms and personal care are closed
- Weddings and funerals are limited to 6 people
- Non-essential retail is closed
To help limit the spread of coronavirus, do the following;
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly for 20 seconds each time
- Do not share items with others outside of your household or bubble
- Avoid using public transport or car sharing, wear face coverings if you cannot avoid these
- You must wear a face covering by law in certain public places such as libraries and public transport. See Gov.uk for details of when you need to wear a face covering:
- Avoid meeting those outside of your household or bubble in an indoor space
- When meeting friends and family you do not live with (or have formed a support bubble with) you must not meet in a group of more than 6, indoors or outdoors:
More details can be found here