Moulton 1-0 Langford: Nat Ansu late goal punishes Langford


Moulton had their eyes set on making it five wins from five in the league on Tuesday when they
hosted Langford in horrendously cold temperatures. Langford themselves, who were looking to
make it three on the bounce travelled to Northampton sitting just three points off the play off



1. Josh Durrant GK
2. Cole Mason
3. Aaron Dickins
4. Andy Hall
5. Ben Jackson
6. Francis Boateng
7. Justin Mensah
8. Oleif Boateng
9. Nat Ansu
10. Dan White
11. Josh Adams
12. Harry Chipchase
13. Shaun Fotso
14. Luca Iaciofano
15. Joel Machakaire
16. Darren Fotso

1. Elon Tolomba GK
2. Freddie Stallworth
3. Sam Onions
4. Joel Reynolds
5. Michael Rickard
6. Sam Moore
7. Charan Basra
8. Perry Heritage
9. Steve Buckford
10. Fikre Mqbango
11. Rakeem Kamara
12. Ryan Morgan
13. Rory Cochrane
14. Tom Jayeda


With the temperatures hitting 2 degrees a large turnout was always going to be unlikely, however the Moulton ultra’s were in fine voice prior to kick off and sang the players out onto the pitch.

Early in the first half the game was evenly contested with both defences minimising many chances for both teams, the cold may have been a factor in lack of action in the first ten minutes and as the half went on the Moulton attackers began to find pockets behind the Langford defence.

Nat Ansu had a quickfire Hatrick of chances following good ball over the top of the tall Langford defence. The on-rushing Ansu failed to find an adequate finish on these occasions.
On 30’ Moulton were awarded a dangerous free kick on the left-hand flank, around 35 yards out,
Ansu struck the ball across Tolomba, who parried the ball before his defence cleared. This was the closest each team would come before the end of the half but on the stroke of half time, a Moulton short corner would lead to Langford stealing the ball and producing a 3v2 counterattack, Rakeen Kamara would go alone and ran the length of the Moulton half before firing his shot well wide.

Half time. 0-0

The second half would see the cold weather defeat some of the ultras as only half the crown
returned to the stand. The game also took a turn as Moulton came out with an instant attack,
although it would lead to nothing. Langford then began to dominate the play for a spell, coming very close to opening the scoring. A free kick on the right hand side was driven low around the wall by Charan Basra and would crash against the post before running out for a goal kick. 2 minutes later, with Langford still piling on some pressure, they would have a corner. The ball was swung in, and Josh Durrant would fail to claim before it fell to a Langford man who volleyed it first time. This time crashing against the cross bar; however, the game would be pulled back for a foul on Durrant.

The game would offer little chances following for either team, the defences ensured that both sides were kept to a minimum, as the clock ticked on, I was sure the points would be shared. Nat Ansu had the last word however, as Moulton broke on 91’. The ball played across, and Nat Ansu produced a fine finish to win the game for the home side.

Massive disappointment for Langford who travelled back to Bedfordshire empty handed following a very good defensive play for 90 minutes.

Following the game, I briefly spoke to Gary Petts, and he said, “The game was two good teams stopping each other from creating, Langford are definitely
one of the best sides we have faced this season”.

Moulton now move up to second and move to five league wins on the bounce, the magpies in fine form will have their eyes on that away cup and league double tie at ON Chenecks in December.The teams meet at Billing Road in the Division One Cup on the 19 th of December before a top of the table clash on the 23 rd .

FT: Moulton 1-0 Langford.

Attendance: 65

Shire Sounds Sports Show-Man Of The Match

Andy Hall

Hall was relentless in the middle and controlled everything that Moulton created resulting in 3 points for the hosts.